Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Update On My Craft Obsessions

 I wanted to make Jack a desk that was just the right height so that he would have his feet on the floor for good handwriting.  Somehow I came up with this idea.  4 crates, one piece of plywood and some chalkboard cloth and we have the perfect solution for desk and storage.

 I have a filing cabinet and plastic drawer unit in our bedroom.  They aren't pretty, so I decided to make covers to make them more girly.  The flap on the front lifts up so that I still have easy access to the drawers.

 My newest obsession is acrylic painting.  I took two classes at the Painting with a Twist.  If you have never heard of them, they are a place where you bring your own alcohol and paint under the instruction of an artist.  This was my second painting, a cherry tree in the moonlight.  My first painting was one of those wacky New Orleans shotgun houses. I quickly learned why the paintings don't have straight lines, because it is difficult to paint straight when you are tipsy :o)

 This one I did at home.  I think I need to make the little jazz man's jacket a little bigger/more rounded in the back.
 This one I also did at home.  It is the Philly skyline painted like a sunset and the Benjamin Franklin bridge.  I need to paint the sky but am scared to screw up what I have done so far.  I am going to go with a sunset look, with pink in the low horizon, fading to blues and grey in the higher part of the sky.

 I made a new wreath for my front door.  When you live in the south, you don't get any fall color, so you have to manufacture it.  I also put fake fall leaves in my bushes that flank my front door.  It's kind of a hilarious ghetto fabulous look, and it cracks me up.

And last but not least, I painted this on Saturday.  We held a painting fundraiser in our community, and this is what we painted.

No comments: