Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving


To see the whole blog entry and more pictures, click on the title of the entry (for instance, Thanksgiving).

My inlaws drove down from PA to spend a week with us over Thanksgiving.  We had a lovely visit.  The kids and grandparents adore each other.  It is quite sad that they don't see each other more often, but I am thankful for internet technology.
Jack and his turkey leg
Carving my brined bird

I did most of the cooking the day before, so Thanksgiving day was relatively laid back.  I made a brined turkey, a sausage/corn bread/french bread stuffing, mashed potato/turnip/rutabega smash, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, green beans, and cranberry sauce.  It was delicious!  Ann made a yummy apple pie with apples from my grandparent's trees and it, too was great.


No comments: