Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Love

Some people have asked for some of my "recipes."  Maybe I will try and post some of my new creations. Nothing is truly original, I get all sorts of ideas from other blogs, cookbooks, and of course cooking shows.  So. . . right now, I am loving pumpkin.

First I made Pumpkin Spiced Coffee.  This was based off of a recipe that someone else posted on Facebook.
1- Brew some strong coffee, with pumpkin spices in your filter basket.  I like to make my own combo, and I don't measure, I just put in what smells good.  I used cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger.  Probably about a teaspoon of cinnamon and allspice and half teaspoon of nutmeg and ginger.
2- Fill your mug about 1/4 of the way with milk (or if you are feeling naughty, half and half) and warm it in the microwave.  Add about a teaspoon of vanilla, and sweetener of your choice to taste.  I used agave or brown sugar.  I don't like sweet coffee, so I used about 1/2 tablespoon.
3- Pour in your coffee and enjoy!

Then I made Pumpkin pancakes, which was another idea from a facebook friend.  Just make pancakes like you normally would.  Instead of adding oil, use pumpkin.  One of my recipes didn't call for oil, and I just added pumpkin to the batter and it turned out fine.  I also add my own mix of pumpkin spices like above.

Lastly, I made a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, which I borrowed from the Pioneer Woman.
1- Freeze a cup of pumpkin puree.
2- In blender, combine 1 cup of vanilla yogurt (I love greek), 1 cup frozen pumpkin puree, those magic pumpkin pie spices, and milk to your liking.  If you like the smoothie thick, don't use a lot....
3- Pour into glasses and top with some crushed graham crackers.  Yum!

No comments: