Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Healthy meal review: Pork Chops and Salad


Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots 
 This is the one meal that I really wasn't looking forward to.  But it was fabulous for 2 reasons.  1--Bryan cooked!  2--It was delicious (this coming from a non-pork lover).  The key to this recipe, I think was the delicate mushroom/shallot sauce. Mmmmmmm delicious!!!  Jack has never liked mushrooms, but we somehow got him to take a bite of one of these and now he is hooked!  Guess I am going to have to double the portions of sauteed mushrooms now.

I was going to serve the pork chops with the roasted cauliflower but since Bryan cooked, he didn't realize that the cauliflower would take longer to cook and he didn't start it early.  Sooo, I served it with salad.  I used some romaine lettuce from the fridge, fresh salad greens from the garden, carrots from the garden, and fresh herbs from the garden.  I was really sad that I didn't have a couple more ripe tomatoes.

If you like pork, I definitely recommend this recipe. One pork chop has only 180 calories and 9.5 grams of fat.  I am used to eating the thin pork chops, so I could only eat half of one of these.  If you don't eat pork, I recommend just making the shallots and mushrooms since that was my favorite part anyway. :o)
Not sure what was up with the settings on my phone's camera, wouldn't it be nice to have a DSLR???

No comments: