Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Salmon Cakes and Roasted Cauliflower

This recipe for Salmon Cakes was pretty good.  I will add more seasonings the next time I make it, but if I alternated bites with the vegetables, it was pretty tasty. 

Also, this recipe took a bit of time to make, but I learned a neat way to cook the salmon.  I used my large spaghetti pot with the steamer basket in the top.  I put water in the pot and cooked my potatoes in the water, and placed the salmon into the steamer basket.  If you don't want to go through the fuss of cooking your own salmon, you can always use canned salmon.  The potato was mashed and used as the binder in the crab cakes.  You could always substitute bread crumbs or panko.  Oh, and when I worked them into paties, they were really went (because these are almost all salmon, hardly any filler), but as you can see from my final product, they held together fine in the pan.

This recipe made 4 very large salmon cakes, plus one small bonus cake. 

The roasted cauliflower was easy and delicious!  You just have to remember that it takes nearly 30 minutes to bake, so take that into account when you make it.  It was sweet and kind of nutty.  We didn't even put the cheese on top.  Everyone loved the meal except Jack.  Oh, and when I cut up my head of cauliflower, I noticed that it was kind of small, so I sauteed up some spinach with evoo and garlic to supplement the cauliflower.

No comments: