Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making Butter


Recently, I read a post on another blog on how to make butter.  I am slightly wacky, so this was right up my alley!  All I had to buy was a pint of heavy cream, and I ended up with some fresh butter AND butter milk.  It was really easy, and only took about 30 minutes.  And I learned something!  I never really understood why they called buttermilk buttermilk.  It is the milk that comes from making butter!  Now look at that, you all learned something new today.  If you want to make your own butter, just click on the "blog" link above.

The kids had fun making the butter, it was really neat to watch the cream go from a liquid, to a foam, and then all of a sudden, a solid.  Hmmm, mom might have had more fun than the kids, but I am wacky like that!

Next time, we will make the ice cream in a sandwich baggie.

No comments: