Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Praise The Lord!

First of all, it's been a busy week so I have quite a bit of updating to do. And I still haven't started on my Christmas presents yet! I won't be posting them until after Christmas though, because that would kind of ruin the surprise for everyone :o)

More importantly, my mom called me yesterday to give me the results of my step father's scans. I guess you can tell from the title of the post, that they were good! Let me first say, that the doctors were not expecting to see any progress. Their goal was to just keep the cancer from spreading. But God works in powerful ways, thank you everyone who has kept my family in your prayers. Joe has a 25% reduction in the tumor (he only has one) AND a 25% reduction in almost all of the polyps (these are in both lungs, which is why he is considered stage 4). If they do not see a change in those same polyps next time, they will try an oral chemo that has been effective with breast cancer. Also, the chemo that he is on is very aggressive and is known to have many serious side effects--none of which Joe is having! So, they normally do not allow people to take more than 6 doses of this chemo. If Joe continues to do well, they will allow him to have 8 treatments with this chemo. After that, I am not sure what the options are, but he has only had 4 treatments so far, so we still have 4 more treatments left to go (they are spaced out every 3 weeks).

Once again, thank you for all of your prayers! I will try and update more stuff about us in the deep south soon.

No comments: