Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Tree/ Elf on the Shelf


This is my version of a procrastinator's dream. I have spent so much time looking at everyone else's amazing advent calenders, that I didn't take the time to commit to a actually make one. I woke up this morning with a great idea-- Tan (our elf on the shelf) would bring and "ornament" and small gift for the kids every morning. . . as long as he was able to give Santa a good report! Here you see where Tan chose his first spot, along with a tree and the first ornament. (The ornament is just a part of a Christmas card from last year.) And the gift that he brought the kids? . . . a small pack of Toy Story 2 stickers. I bought about 12 gifts that all cost around 50 cents. I will intersperse little certificates with things like "make cookies with mom" and "watch a movie." Jack was (and still is) sooo excited about Tan's arrival this morning. He has been singing to Tan and talking to him nonstop. Oh, and Jack made breakfast for the three of us this morning. (He planned to do this last night.) He put on his apron and chef's hat, put plain cheerios on Audrey's place mat, and poured bowls of honey nut cheerios for himself and me. He was so cute, and so proud of himself!

No comments: