Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

This recipe for Spinach Lasagna Rolls was quick and easy to make.  We all really enjoyed it except Jack because he doesn't like ricotta cheese.  I knew he wouldn't like it so I made him a side of plain pasta with sauce. 

When I make a traditional lasagna, I do not precook the noodles.  I just make my sauce a little runny (usually add 1 can of water).  The lasagna noodles will cook when the lasagna is covered with foil, and they will be delicious bc they really absorb the sauce. 

These rolls are not submerged in sauce when they cooked so I had to precook them.  All I did was put the noodles in the lasagna dish, cover them with boiling water, and cover the dish with plastic wrap.  They cooked while I mixed the spinach filling.

As for servings, one roll is a serving.  I thought I would eat 2 rolls, but I was quite satisfied after just one roll.  You could serve the lasagna with a salad and easily eat the 1 roll serving.  I thought Bryan would eat 3 rolls, but he was satisfied with 2.

No comments: