Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why I Blog. . .

Just some quick thoughts to share with all of my friends and family.  I really enjoy taking care of myself and my family, and I want you all to be able to do the same.  So often, we get caught up in life and think that it is just easier to rely on convenience items. With a little research and a little time, though, you can make products at home that are cheaper, healthier, and better for the environment!  Most people don't have time for step 1 (research), so they don't go any further.  I have taken the time to do the research and share my results with you.  I am so thankful that my dear husband works so hard and I am able to stay home and really take care of my family.

Some topics that I write about on my blog:
1. Home Organization.  I have all sorts of systems that streamline my day and help our household run smoother, including cleaning, bills, meal planning, and general organization.
2. Cooking.  I love love love comfort food (especially The Pioneer Woman!), but I am not a rancher, so I should not eat such calorie dense foods every day.  I am constantly searching for healthy foods that taste good to mix in with my not-so-healthy foods.  When I blog about food, I like to tell you if I made any modifications and what my family members thought of the meal.
3.  Sewing.  I also love to create.  You name the craft, I have probably done it.  Right now, I am loving my sewing machines.  I am still becoming comfortable with creating my own patterns, so most of my creations are inspired by other bloggers.  If it was my creation, I will attempt to create a tutorial.  If I "borrowed" the idea, I will link to the original blogger's post.
4. My kids.  Since we live so far away from family, I also like to include pictures of my kids and stories about the crazy things that they do.

I am no one special.  I don't have any special talents. But I am passionate.  I set my mind on doing something and I do it.  I hope that I will inspire other people to try to do something new.  If you have any questions, please ask!  As an educator, I want to teach others.  If there is something you want to learn how to do, find the time to dedicate to it, and have fun learning new skills!

No comments: