Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Healthy Recipes to Try This Week

In an effort to make some more healthy recipes, I am going to try some recipes from Skinny Taste.  The first one that caught my eye was the spinach lasagna rolls.  I love lasagna in any form and these look delish!  Too bad Jack hates lasagna (he doesn't like cheese), I will have to find some alternative for him.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Next, I found a pork chop recipe.  I, personally, don't really care for pork, but Bryan loves it.  This one has mushrooms, which I love, so I will tolerate the meal. I will also serve it with the roasted cauliflower as suggested on the page.

Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots

This next one has me really intrigued!  Turkey Pumpkin Chili!!  We all love chili, and I love meals that use my crock pot when the weather heats up here in southern Louisiana.

Crock Pot Turkey White Bean and Pumpkin Chili

I am also going to try some of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Recipes.  Since it is hot here, I like to utilize the grill outside as much as possible.  I am going to get Bryan going on his grill with Jamie's Grilled Chicken.  I think it will go great with a salad.  I have lettuce in my garden that needs to be harvested.  Too bad my tomatoes are still green and my broccoli and carrots aren't ready to be harvested yet :-(

Jamie Oliver's Barbecued Chicken

And meal #5 for the week will be Jamie's Salmon Cakes served with steamed broccoli. 

Jamie Oliver's Salmon Cakes

That about covers all of MY bases. Those are pretty healthy meals for my family: 1 pasta, 1 turkey, 1 pork, 1 chicken, and 1 seafood.  I know that this menu wouldn't work for all of my vegetarian friends, but for us omnivores, I think this is pretty balanced. . . and there isn't any red meat this week. 

By the way, even though we eat meat, I try to incorporate 1 meatless meal a week.  If you have any really yummy vegetarian meals that you think my meat loving husband would like, please share!

No comments: