Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Clothes for kiddos


We are attending a wedding next weekend.  Jack, Audrey, and Bryan are in the wedding so they are covered for clothes.  But Ayden and I had to come up with something.  I've seen lots of people making these cute bow ties, so I made a bow tie out of fabric left over from Jack's tie.  It is just a tube of fabric, pinched together with a smaller tube.  I sewed the bow tie onto the onesie.  I wanted a little more to his attire, so I played around with making it look like a tux with a ruffle of fabric down the middle, but it looked too girly.  I finally came up with these cool buttons.  I think he'll like it :o)


I've also seen people making these simple pinafore dresses for girls.  I just used one of Audie's dresses to make a pattern.  The front is one large piece. The back is two pieces that cross over each other.  The pattern for the back was made by making a copy of the front, and chopping off the outer edge under the shoulder.  If you want a good explanation, click here!




It is reversible, perfect for Little Miss Mess! I used a Robert Kauffman pink and brown toile for one side, and a coordinating brown and pink dot for the other.  This was sooo easy, I will definitely be making more of these.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Excellent Job on the Pinafore!!! What adorable kiddos you have! Thanks for stopping by the blog to check out the tutorial and thanks very much for linking back! Happy Sewing!
Shanna