Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Prayer Bears


A while ago, I heard someone mention "prayer bears" on the christian radio station.  I thought this was a great idea to include kids in prayer.  So what is a prayer bear???  I make these for anyone who requests or needs prayer.  As you can tell, the bear itself isn't perfect.  I just draw a quick bear on paper, cut it out, write the person/people's names on the belly, and put it on my fridge. 

I remember to pray for these people all day long because I am always in front of the fridge :o) 

When the situation is "resolved," I will mail the bear to the individual, along with a note telling them that we had been praying for them.  I am hoping to teach my kids to pray and be compassionate for others and to acknowledge that we are not in control.  Most often, we pray for strength and knowledge.

I am so excited that so many people are learning about the bears, I hope they become infectious!!!  It only takes a second to make one, but it means a lot to the people we are praying for.

No comments: