Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Freezer Cooking

I had some time today to cook in peace.  Ayden is sleeping.  Audrey and Jack are at a Mardi Gras parade.  So it is just me and my lists of things to do.  I have some sewing projects that also need to get finished, but I spent quite a bit of time sewing yesterday, therefore, cooking sounded like a nice change of pace.

I think this freezer cooking is something that I will incorporate into my regular meal plans once a week.  Today I got on a roll since I had a hot oven and dirty pans.  I made a Vegetable/Ham/Potato Bake.  That is what I made above.  I learned a neat trick.  Line the baking pan with foil so you can pull the whole casserole out and put it into a freezer bag.  When I want to cook it, I just drop that foil bag back in the pan to reheat it.  And both times, the pan stays clean!

I also had 3 pounds ground turkey.  So I made a double batch of turkey/vegetable pasta and a large batch of taco meat (which I add black beans too).

My freezer is a mecca of food right now.  Along with all that I cooked today, I also have three bags of chicken and rice soup and the beef and tater tot casserole.

No comments: