Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've been craving

Bagels! And not just any bagel, but real, homemade like bagels. We had this great little bagel and coffee shop around the corner from our house in Maryland, oh how I miss it (and everything else there). Try finding a good bagel in New Orleans. Perhaps there is a good bagel shop somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. It is very french down here, so you will find croissants. And actually, they are very good- not like anything I ever had up north. They are light and flaky. But I have been craving bagels, not croissants. I found a recipe online and decided to try it. It was quite easy and all of the ingredients were easy enough to find except "malt syrup." Thankfully, though, someone commented on the recipe that they used molasses instead. So that's what I did.
They have great texture. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. The flavor's pretty good too, but I did taste a little bit of that molasses, which is a little strange. I ate one warm, didn't toast it, and put some cream cheese on it. Craving fulfilled. And so much better than Lender's!

No comments: