Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sticky Buns

So I made these amazing Caramel Apple Sticky Buns from this recipe. They were the most amazing sticky buns that I have ever eaten, and they were not hard at all to make. The hardest part for me was moderation. I made the buns WAY too big, which caused my caramel sauce to boil over, burn on the bottom of the oven, and finally catch on fire. Lovely. Luckily, I was standing next to the oven when it ignited, so I was able to yell for my husband (who grabbed the box of baking powder) and turn off the oven. The fire quickly went out by itself thankfully. Oh, and the buns weren't affected by the fire! I sent my sister home with a few sticky buns. I wonder if her fiance got one. . . :o) The kids and I had three of them, and then I had the sense to send the plate to work with my husband. Evidently, the guys at work liked them and they were gone pretty quickly. Incidently, if you like caramel, the recipe for caramel sauce itself is amazing. If you need to gain a couple pounds, just make a batch of the sauce and eat it on apples, on ice cream, or just on your finger!



When my sister was here, I didn't take very many pictures. I did get a couple of her cuddling with Audrey though. She really enjoyed the fact that Audrey actually likes people now. Audrey was kissing and hugging her without prompting.

No comments: