Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Monday, November 8, 2010

A Little More Crafting



I have completed two more quick projects. First, I made another quilt. This one is for Audrey, so that she keeps her paws off the new baby's quilt. The back of this one is "popcorn fleece." It feels just like chenile, although it's a little heavier, and about $5 a yard cheaper! The front is all of these crazy and fun colors--I love it!

Then I had to find a $5 gift for the homeschool holiday dinner (crazy santa thing). I didn't really want to buy something just for the sake of buying something, so I decided to make something. But then I couldn't decide what to make. Thankfully, my mom called and helped me out. She told me about these cute coasters made from 6 pieces of fabric, all 4 1/2 inch squares. The top four pieces are folded in half, wrong sides together, raw edges out. You weave them together like you were closing a box top. Then under that is your bottom color (right side facing up), then on the bottom is a square of quilt batting or fleece. I used fleece since I have a large remnant that I've been using for various crafts. Sew all of the layers together with 1/4 inch seam allowance, leaving a section open to turn. Clip the corners and turn. Last, tuck that open edge in and edge seam around the whole square.

It took less than an hour to make 4 of them and they were a big hit!

No comments: