Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Audrey's Birthday Presents

Audrey will be two on Easter! It's a good thing I am actually ahead of the game for once!
Audrey's dress made - check!
Easter Baskets for the three kids made - check!
eggs stuffed for easter egg hunt at home - check!
Garbage bag of eggs stuffed for association egg hunt with four prize baskets and treat bags - check!
Eggs for church egg hunt - check!

Now hopefully the last need-to-do for a while. . . Audrey's birthday present.

So what do you get for the little girl who has everything?  She already has many dolls and a stoller and a kitchen and grocery cart.  Then it occured to me to make her accessories for her dolls.  One of the many blogs that I follow made this neat set of baby doll items, so I loosely followed her projects.

First I made a bassinett 

this went together so quickly that I decided to make more stuff!











Then I made a changing pad, wipes,  and 6 diapers.  

But these accessories didn't really go with a bassinett, so I decided to make a diaper bag.

The diaper bag looks so amazing!  I am thinking about making purses for myself since my skills are improving.




Outside of the diaper bag with a pocket for a bottle

All set up to change baby's diaper


I can't wait to give these to Audrey!  I think she's going to get a lot out of them!

Best of all. . . this project cost me nothing, as I had all of the supplies on hand.  And it only took me two days to complete!

Thanks again, mom!  I love sewing!  






* On the down side, though, the more I sew, the more I want a new sewing machine.  Luckily, they all look like crap to me.  I want something heavy duty that isn't going to crap out on me in a year.

No comments: