Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Catching Up. . . Jack's Birthday Party

Jack wanted to have a lego themed birthday party.  I had a lot of fun preparing all of the elements for the party.  I made a festive table scape by making each kid their own lego placemat.  I used lego scrapbook paper and lego stickers and laminated them.  I then put bowls of legos down the middle of the table with some building directions so that kids could build as everyone arrived.

I also made each kid a party hat out of primary colored cardstock and a lego head cut out.  I decorated the room with primary colored pennants and some little mobile like things.

I kept the activities simple, so that kids could just play for part of the time.  I bought extra wheels and basic blocks so that the kids could build cars and take them home, they also played pin the hat on the lego man.  I made pizza dough and the kids got to make their own pizzas, and of course we had cake.  I tried to make a lego brick cake, but didn't quite leave enough time to make the cake, so it was a pretty messy lego brick.

The kids each took home a little goody bag with a mystery lego mini figure, chocolate lego mini figures, sweet tart lego bricks, lego stickers, their placemats, and the lego car that they created.







All of the kids had a really good time, which was nice since most of the kids didn't know each other.  Jack invited Jordyn and Carissa (sisters from the neighborhood), Spencer (Jack's first New Orleans friend that we met at the pool this summer), Seth (a friend from the homeschool group), and Michael and Anna (siblings from the homeschool group).

No comments: