Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Friday, March 25, 2011

Crafting Once Again!



Yay!!! I've been able to use my sewing machine again!  I made this cute dress for Audrey Wednesday morning from a white tee shirt and some fabric left over from an apron that I made.  It's a little loose on her waist, so I need to figure out a way to add some elastic to the waist.  I free handed the lady bug applique for the shirt!



Next, I made this awesome "quilt." It took much longer than I expected, but it was definitely worth the time.  I found the tutorial on the site "Made."  She has such neat stuff!  The only problem with this quilt, is my satin blanket binding.  I highly respect those of you who have mastered this art!  It probably didn't help that I rounded the corners.  I am pretty good at making square corners, but this "easing" around the edges was definitely a challenge.  Hmmm, now which one of you will receive this quilt.  (The ruffly side will look neater over time.  Each time it is washed and dried, it will fray more.)

No comments: