Labels

cooking (25) crafts (10) Fitness (1) gardening (3) Home Organization (10) kids (68) school (9) sewing (28)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Still Alive

February 23, last picture before heading to the hospital
 Ayden James Krohn.  Born February 24, 2011 at 7pm.  7 lbs, 2 oz.  20 inches long.  It was a long labor.  I was induced so that my midwife could deliver the baby.  She was in Haiti when we were due.  I had a cervical ripener at 9pm on the 23rd.  This didn't do much of anything for me, so she started me on pitocin at 7am on the 24th.  The pit gave me mild contractions all day long, but not enough to start labor.  As a last resort, my midwife broke my water at 6pm.  The reason nothing was progressing was because Ayden was "sunny side up."  Breaking my water allowed him to drop down and finally start labor.  An hour later, he was born.
 Audrey and Jack can't get enough of their new little brother.  It is actually a chore keeping Audrey off of him.  She pats his head and says "gentle." She loves to kiss him and play with his feet.  Jack just wants to hold him 24/7 and mention how cute and little he is.

No comments: